Saturday, 18 August 2012

its been a while......


but with school holidays its been difficult to do any form of crafting, plus the childminder has been on holiday for 2 weeks, so no spare time to even touch anything paper related. Anyway at last months crop at martlesham i got this layout done. A simple but effective. I use natural cheese cloth on this page spayed with OA mists and the splodges are done with crafters workshop template. The rest is layered with pink paislee paper, used a punch and some chipboard swirl with leaves. a tag  and made the flowers from tattered florals die. I have to say not my usual fuzzy layout but recently i have lost my scrapbooking mojo, and that day at the crop was quite difficult for reasons i won't go it to.  It may be a crop i no longer attend, if the situation remains uncomfortable

 Finally this week on Thursday i was able to get in the craft room. So a work friend asked if i could do her table numbers for her wedding. She has bought stuff off ebay but none of the suited her theme (bird cages, birds and green) So i used the T/H bird cage die, and a sizzix die to cut out the birds.The numbers were cut out on thick card with my circut using the base camp cartridge.
Paper is from and old K and Co paper pack. Painting the numbers was very messy I used two coats on both side of walnut distress stain and then walnut distress ink on the edges. I had very brown fingers, but the end result id good. Just got to make her guest book