My Blog List

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Bramford girls challenge - altered heart frame

Just finished this, so I'm going to say sorry to the girls for not getting it done earlier but life got in the way. I have to say i found this a little difficult, and couldn't think where to start, so i looked for inspiration on the net, and found an image of an altered frame that i liked.


I pulled out my scattered straw, mustard seed, aged mahogany and black soot distress ink. Some of the new prima stamps, wendy vecchi, paperarsty, kaiserkraft, 7 gypsies, pink paislee and tim holtz stamps and set about collageing my frame. (this took ages). I then went about adding my embellishments. The 2 squares are stamp board stamped with images form papaerartsy and wendy vecchi and then scratched. A pen nib, pink paislee button, and grunge board letters. Crackle glaze added to stamped image and cut book plates from grunge board added. The tag hangs in the middle, with a Wendy vecchi sentiment and a key. I have to say the pic doesn't do it justice

4 comments:

  1. This card is awesome- love the cut out heart! Thanks so much for visiting my blog :)
    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the frame you came up with and all the different stamps on it.

    Hoping to see you on Saturday

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous Karen
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete