My Blog List

Wednesday 22 September 2010

inspiration and SCD Arches

After searching the net for some inspiration i came across Dina Wakley's blog and her work is just fab. She uses paints, pastels,mists and lots of other mediums, to create her unique art work. So this week with SCD theme being stars i decided to use some acrylic paint, masks, mists and my wendy vecchi stamps.

I started by painting my base with butterscotch paint and a small amount of pool paint. Once dry i placed my large star mask and used my white acrylic paint to make it pop from the background. Then i used my small star mask, but when i spayed glimmer mist on it but it bleed through so i wiped it off, but it left a mark so i used this to my advantage and used my black and white pen to draw around them. I stamped one of my wendy stamps on paper used my T/H distress inks to colour it and adhered to large star. But i still felt it was lacking something so i used some red acrylic paint to it as well and some crafty notions white mist. I then stamped some small dots on the edges with distress ink and my sentiment in black. Finally after some very mucky hands swiped my edges in black distress ink

3 comments:

  1. You sure did create a lovely arch Karen. and so colourful too! I love that you have messed around and got full of paint crafting is all about fun and sounds like you had loads of fun. Thanks for playing along with SCD this week

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great when you can rescue a piece that you think is going all wrong! Happens a lot to me!! LOL Sounds like it was a fun process and thanks for playing along again his week at SCD
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great arch and I know what you mean about mucky hands. An almost permanent fixture, so much so that I have bought some gloves which occasionally I remember to put on. Lol

    ReplyDelete