My Blog List

Friday 27 August 2010

SCD final torso

This weeks theme is 'of the sea'. So i pulled out some cosmo cricket papers (snorkel) for inspiration and found an image i liked and photocopied it. I coloured it in and cut it out. I then coloured in my torso with T/H scattered straw and chipped sapphire distress inks and used T/H compass mask and chalkboard glimmer mist as my background.

I then stamped my wave image on acetate, turned it over and coloured it in with alcohol inks and white stazon. Flipped it back over and covered it in Martha Stewart iridescent glitter. Finally added at the beach with my technique tuesday vacation stamps.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh! I just lurve the waves! The whole torso looks scrummy :) Thanks for joining in with us at SCD Karen
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Karen - thats one very scrummy torso! love the wave effect...you're very quick off the mark this week!! lolxx

    Hope you're all ok, see you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The waves are my fav to great Torso thanks for playing with us at SCD this week

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen your torso is stunning, those waves are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous Torso, love the waves xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Torso. Love the image and the colours. Great make as ever.

    ReplyDelete